Cookeville Children's Museum
Current Posting Expires: 10/31/2017 Position Description - Responsibilities and Requirements:
The Cookeville Children’s Museum is a small rural community-inspired museum created to build meaningful learning experiences through the joy of play using hands-on exhibits and programs. The Cookeville Children’s Museum is the only children’s museum within a 100 mile radius in the Upper Cumberland region.
The Executive Director is responsible for leading, managing, and achieving the mission of the nonprofit Cookeville Children’s Museum. The Executive Director plans, organizes, supervises, and participates in all activities pertaining to the museum, including but not limited to: personnel, financial affairs, community outreach and marketing, program development, general maintenance, fundraising, and overseeing clerical duties.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for opening and closing the museum
- Chief fundraiser who delegates, maintains and contributes to all events, foundations, grants and exhibit sponsorship and needs
- Responsible for the outreach, representation and maintenance of community partnerships
- Manages daily activities of museum which includes employee scheduling, Web calendar, hiring staff, monthly newsletter, membership tracking and renewal, managing birthday club, supply stock, daily intake sheets and attendance tracking
- Ensures timely payment of bills and payroll
- Coordinates and oversees exhibit programming with Program Director for 12 month prospective
- Coordinates with Board of Directors on long-term goals and make valuable additions to the Strategic Plan
- The ideal candidate will have a fun outgoing personality, is passionate about projects, has exceptional communication skills, loves children and is extremely self-motivated.
- The ideal candidate will possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Early Childhood Development/ Business Management or a related field.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working with children , nonprofit boards and community outreach (3 years preferably)
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- No relocation benefits will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Director/CEO
- Program Management
Contact Information and Procedure:
please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be accepting applications until October 1, 2017. No phone calls please.
36 West 2nd StreetCookeville, TN 38501